Saturday, June 1, 2013

Voila! with thanks to Lilly

I have this friend.
She's super computer savvy.
She's got these gifts I have not.
i.e. a tenacity for figuring stuff out on her own and fiddling with stuff for HOURS until it's conquered. Fortunately for me, (for all of us really) she came to our rehearsal last Wednesday and sat up high in the church balcony recording bits of it on her iPad. Afterwards, we listened to the tracks.
Happy eeEEKK!
My first thought was that YOU need to hear this yourselves. It is only right that you should benefit from hearing these humble (yet beauteous) beginnings! Our minds started a-whirling about the possibilities. One idea led to another and then all of a sudden:
VoilĂ ! A blog is born.
I went to bed WAY too late that night but also thrilled and encouraged as I think you might be with the end result. Anyway. Thanks Lilly.
This is simply another moment of many where I've experienced His Hand at work in our Getty Adventure.
Choir peeps?
Let's get used to this Log on Blog thing. (Dr.Suess anyone?:)
Bookmark it and use this forum:
  • to hear your section sing a part 
  • to ask questions 
  • to get answers (imagine that)
  • vote on the sidebar poll to determine rehearsal dates  
  • to hear about upcoming section rehearsals 
  • etc...
The possibilities are endless.  
Look at the side bar, submit your email to subscribe and then confirm the subscription once you get your confirmation email notice.  Easy-peazy.  
Let's make the most of it!

4 comments:

  1. Placing comments here is easy (and welcomed!):
    Click on the Comment button, write out your words in the comment box, drop down the "comment as" button and choose one of the identification models... i.e. your google name if you have a google account. Most of you should use 'anonymous' but be sure to have finished your text with your first name and last name initial otherwise I won't have a clue who you are! :) You can preview it for accuracy before you press publish and then ta da! We have connected! Try it. You'll like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So here's another comment with me just using the anonymous model to show you what I mean... it'll just be from miz mysterious anonymous. Not so nice eh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great to practice with - thanks Joanne!
    FYI - Tuesday June 25 is graduation at JCCS Burlington.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah! Kudo's to the brave FIRST (albeit anonymous) commenter to the choir blog.
    Straight A for being courageous AND clever.
    Next time, when you include your first name with last name initial at the end of the comment, I shall upgrade you to an A+ :)
    Thanks for the heads up on the grad, it appears that this may be why June 17th is winning the majority vote :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments always welcome!