Greetings to all! It appears that many of you have been making yourself at home here at the choir blog.
I am grateful for this as it relieves the traffic to my email address
and the subsequent time it takes to respond to them all!
Having said that, I am still welcoming a steady stream of new tenors & basses to the choir and would appreciate hearing from anyone who still finds himself to be without a music binder and listening CD.
I make them to order nowadays. Email me please :)
Thanks as well for participating in the democratic process by voting on the side bar of the blog.
The winning date? (according to the 56 voters)
Monday, June 17th 2013 at Rehoboth Church from 7:00pm - 9:30pm
I hope to see most of you then.
The importance of these monthly mass gatherings cannot be over-stated.
I trust you recognize that on your own.
Be sure to submit your email address in the side bar to your right -- the one that says Follow by Email. This ensures that you will receive email notice whenever something new shows up on the blog. Sometime soon, I hope to be able to publish some rehearsal tracks on the blog with the help of a volunteer from each SATB section. I can see a great benefit in providing choir members the luxury of hearing and singing along with their own voice part in virtuality (did I just make up a word?) but not at the expense of singing in community. I know our comrades from Providence Reformed Collegiate are kept busy with examinations this month and I wish them success - also as they rehearse with their own director for June.
Ah yes! That means I am in need of two volunteers. One fellow to do what Evelyn did for us last time, taking the guys downstairs for their own jam session...
AND a rehearsal pianist to help me with the final hour when we're all together singing whilst I attempt to direct you. Hopefully I can sweet-talk my friend into perching in the balcony again with her iPad to snag more of those awesome audio files. What say Lilly? Pleeease?
Tentative schedule for next Monday June 17
1. North Winds (vocalizing)
2. Christ is Risen, He is Risen Indeed
16. To See The King of Heaven Fall (Gethsemane)
20. Holy Spirit (Bar 70 to End)
9. Kyrie Eleison (time permitting)
Tip of the Week:
Mark or number your music with tabs or post-it flags for easy referencing.
I haven't pulled a single hair out of my head since marking mine with these lovely coloured flags.
I think that's all I have to say.
Probably not.
But this will do till the next time.
Shalom and sleep sweet.
Thanks so much for all your work and organization! :)
ReplyDeleteIs it possible to post the address for those who haven't been before (especially since there is a Rehoboth church - URC - in Hamilton).
Thanks! :)
Ah yes, I hadn't thought of that conundrum. Thanks for the chance to clarify for everyone.
ReplyDeleteRehoboth Canadian Reformed Church is located on Hwy.#5 just outside of Waterdown and just before the descent toward Burlington's Brant Street....
The address for map-quest or google-ation :) is as follows:
1225 Dundas St.,
Burlington L7R 3X4
Thanks so much for clarifying that!