At precisely 1:00 into the video, you all start singing verse 3 together.
I was listening to it along with my beloved.
I bawled. He got goosebumps.
Such power, such beauty.
This is a 9.5 minute instructional video that you should take your time with;
music open before you and pencil in hand.
VERY essential for those who missed this rehearsal of July 25.
- starts with S/A at bar 67 page 2
- sing the word cry (the 4 count note in bar 72) with a dropped jaw please
- At 2:35 we sing verse 4 together
- We miss some of those high notes eh? Understandable when sitting down. Standing up is always better for singing but especially when reaching for those notes just outside of our natural range. Therefore:
- Please circle those challenging notes, anticipate them, be intentional in preparing for it.
- How do you go for a note outside your natural range? Ask any CCS student. They'll say something about imagining a black cave in the back of your head/neck/throat....even throwing your shoulders back a bit, and bringing the sound forward from the back. Pfft!. I can show you better than I can explain it to you. Sorry.
- At bar 117 - 120 the altos break into two groups! (pointed out at 5:35 in video)
- at 6:20 the fellas tackle bar 109 - to the end.
- Basses please practise the leap from low C to F in bar 117/118.
More videos to come but right now? I have to do some groceries.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments always welcome!