For as long as I can remember,
the autumn season ranks in the top 10
of the more serious loves of my life.
of the more serious loves of my life.
I'm so glad God promised the changing of seasons till He comes again.
Even more glad to know how He keeps all His promises! :)
The air is crisper, cooler and colours seem to explode out of nowhere.
Pretty much every day of every year, I come to the end of this driveway, glance quickly to the left and right and pull out onto the road.
Then comes this one day (in every year!) that I come to the end of this driveway -- stop dead in my tracks and stare straight ahead, utterly transfixed by a sight that takes my breath away...
WOW is woefully inadequate. HALLELUJAH is more like it!
I see something more in this archived picture today.
I see a laneway marking a journey with a portrait of great beauty at the end.
At the risk of sounding like yesteryear's flower child, that is precisely how I would describe my feelings as we come to the end of our Getty rehearsals.
It has been a season of adventure, excitement, growth, routine, commitment and then *poof* all sprinkled over with JOY like Tinkerbells' fairy dust.
I am always surprised by the measure & quality of JOY infused by these projects and thus I am also going to miss our not-so-little Getty gatherings.
So. That said? I've decided that our final regular rehearsal:
Wednesday, October 16th at Calvary CRC from 7:00 pm -9:30 pm
is going to be a bit more special.
I propose we sing our way through the set list and leave at least an hour for fellowship and conversation with each other.
Have yourself a light supper but leave room for some schmoozing afterwards!
After my Thanksgiving Walk with my beloved family today, I'm going to post the new and final set list of songs (which has changed again, yes indeed).
Stay tuned but have a beautiful day first.
*********************************************************************************
Please put your music in this order.
Final Set List as provided to us a few days ago and as far as I know, fixed and no longer negotiable.
(sorry Derek - please know that I did lament the exclusion of O Church Arise!)
First Half
Northwinds
Christ is Risen, He is Risen Indeed
By Faith
All Hail the Power of Jesus Name
A Mother's Prayer
Before You I Kneel (Worker's Prayer)
Lift High the Name of Jesus
When Trials Come
Second Half
Village Reel
Oh Shout for Joy
Perfect Wisdom
Gethsemane
The Power of the Cross
When I Survey the Wondrous Cross
See What a Morning
Holy Spirit Living Breath of God
In Christ Alone
Encore:
Nothing But the Blood
New copies of this set list will be available for pick-up at rehearsal as well.
Final Extra-Special Rehearsal will be on Monday, October 21rst at Hamilton Place from 7-9pm.
Details to follow.
Please put your music in this order.
Final Set List as provided to us a few days ago and as far as I know, fixed and no longer negotiable.
(sorry Derek - please know that I did lament the exclusion of O Church Arise!)
First Half
Northwinds
Christ is Risen, He is Risen Indeed
By Faith
All Hail the Power of Jesus Name
A Mother's Prayer
Before You I Kneel (Worker's Prayer)
Lift High the Name of Jesus
When Trials Come
Second Half
Village Reel
Oh Shout for Joy
Perfect Wisdom
Gethsemane
The Power of the Cross
When I Survey the Wondrous Cross
See What a Morning
Holy Spirit Living Breath of God
In Christ Alone
Encore:
Nothing But the Blood
New copies of this set list will be available for pick-up at rehearsal as well.
Final Extra-Special Rehearsal will be on Monday, October 21rst at Hamilton Place from 7-9pm.
Details to follow.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments always welcome!