Monday, November 18, 2013

Saving the Date for Getty Reunion

Remember the Wine and Cheese tasting party to which I once alluded?
Well. 
I've been thinking, dreaming, scheming and so forth, 
and wanted you to have a heads up:

Friday evening, November 29.   
In a church hall in Brantford right off the Wayne Gretzky Parkway.
(to best accommodate our far away crowd)
Pfft!
That date was kiboshed two minutes after posting.
School community pie-making fundraiser.  What can I say?
I'd be a schmuck to deliberately conflict with that.

A week later?  Or is that a serious St.Nicholas infraction?
Maybe it could be on a Thursday?
Saving the date (ANY date) is going to be trickier than I thought.
Stay posted.

BIG P.S.  
  
It's scary making all these decisions by myself.
Your ideas / suggestions / advance notification of conflicting dates set in stone
by the inflexible law of the Medes & Persians etc... would be appreciated.  
I'm testing to see if perhaps this blog has been abandoned
by more than just me.
Sniff.
               And I can't believe how early the world starts their Christmas Craziness!!  

5 comments:

  1. Hi Joanne: Thanks for the idea of a get together. I'm not sure what date will work....whatever you pick, we will try to accommodate. The other option is to pick a date in the second week of January and I would love it if we could dust off some of our music and sing a few pieces together again just for the joy of singing those words again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't given up the blog yet here.....my heart skips a beat when I see in my inbox that there is a new message!!

    Whatever date you pick, I'm going to try my best to be there!! Just seemed way too anti-climactic to rush out of Hamilton Place and have everything fade into a distant, pleasant memory! Just my personal feeling on it.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joanne! The blog is still in my favorites! Love to hear from you every time. We too will accommodate what ever date you pick. I think you will never get everyone, so go for it and we'll all do our best. Love the idea of seeing everyone again and yes, please, can we sing together again? Looking forward to it!!
    ♥

    ReplyDelete

Comments always welcome!