I miss you all very much.
I'm experiencing a highly weird euphoric state of mourning since concert day if that makes any sense.
Ever so s.l.o.w.l.y the reverie is lifting, the adrenaline support is releasing and I think a cold virus is trying to take advantage of the situation. Pfft!
My laptop made an untimely trip to the Apple hospital on Friday morning (right after the concert!) for a new hard drive and battery plunging me into an 'unplugged abyss' and leaving me more than abyss annoyed. :)
*THEN*
My beloved and I scooted off to Toronto on Friday evening to take in a Josh Groban concert at the Air Canada Centre. What on earth was I thinking back in April when I bought those tickets!?
My beloved and I scooted off to Toronto on Friday evening to take in a Josh Groban concert at the Air Canada Centre. What on earth was I thinking back in April when I bought those tickets!?
Poor Josh.
No way could he measure up despite being surrounded by world class musicians & technicians.
Nice? Yes. Anti-climatical? Totally.
On Saturday, in my ongoing unplugged misery, I went to the Flagship Gallery on James St. N to check out the Overtones Exhibit presented by one of our own fine tenors, Harold S.
Two hours on the floor, in the company of 5 grandchildren, using oil pastels to colour up his giant B&W prints was oddly therapeutic. Kids and wannabe kids - an excellent fit for the moment.
I loved it! The finished product is now covering a wall in their play-space in our home.
I'm happy to report that our five kids were parked in the front row of the first balcony and they made it their business to catch most of the concert on iPhone which we (okay, okay, Lilly) is busy trimming/converting and making into something of spectacular blog-worthiness.
The one I am desperate to have you hear is the 13 minute file including Gethsemane, The Power of the Cross and When I Survey.
THAT entire segment pretty much left me speechless.
Yeah. Can you even imagine that?
Let me see.
What words apply?
Riveting...
spine-tingling...
awe-inspiring...
!!EPIC!!
Please know that we (okay, okay! Lilly) is doing her best to get it here so you can hear for yourself.
I am eternally grateful for what happened in Hamilton Place on
Thursday, October 24, 2013.
It's a bold claim but I'm convinced I felt His Smile.
I believe God made me for a purpose, He also made me fast and when I run I feel His pleasure.
To delight in God and sense His delight in us is the stuff of heaven.
Judging by the comments directed our way, it is clear many hearts were moved. This is a beautiful thing and I'd like to (need to) say this in return;
We prayed together many times for the right kind of spirit to trust God and leave this project in his hands - the One who gifted it to us in the first place!
- so that His design for it would be accomplished
- so that His light would shine through us
- so that He might receive all the praise.
He can do anything with a knee-knocking Gideon, a left-handed Ehud,
an impetuous Peter.... you get the idea.
Obviously, using the ordinary to accomplish the extraordinary is His Specialty.
May Revelation 4:11 be our now-and-always response!
"You are worthy, our Lord and God,
to receive glory and honour and power,
for you created all things,
and by your will they were created
and have their being."
Talk to you all real soon.
Talk to you all real soon.
Great post Joanne, I feel the same Getty choir withdrawel symptons. Twas a great evening. One I will cherish for a long time.
ReplyDeleteJeff H.
Very well said Joanne...I am feeling the withdrawal as well...wondering what to do in place of Getty night rehearsals. It was an evening that reflected all you said and more. Thank you for your time and Lilly for hers and all those involved. What a blessing! You have summed up so well what we are feeling. I too felt His presence! Michelle
ReplyDelete