Friday, August 22, 2014

Word from the Gettys

From my front porch perch, it's a BEAUT today.
I hope this update finds you well & making the most of the summer days that remain.

From the Getty's:

"We are SO excited your choir will be with us for the premier this year!! They sounded fantastic last year and I know they will do just as well this year. I am aiming to have the largest portion of music available to you September 1st. Following that, there may be a few pieces that trickle in after that as they are arranged in September, but the most difficult and featured ones will be available by then."

The choir now stands at 117 and growing.  I'm eager to start growing our choral community for 2014 - I love how we've been drawn from far and wide, both new and returning members of the Getty concert choir.  There's room for more BUT for the sake of finding balance, please note this qualifier:

We cannot admit any more women unless they can bring two fellows along with them !

44 Alto's
41 Soprano's
14 Basses
18 Tenor's

You see the dilemma.
Spread the word please.  Your help recruiting more tenor & bass is much appreciated.
Stay tuned.  First rehearsal date is September 15 and I am
SO looking forward to seeing you there!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments always welcome!